Conservative Women’s Organisation (CWO)
The Conservative Women’s Organisation (CWO) was founded in 1919, although its roots go back to 1885. It continues to work for women members of the Conservative Party and to represent their views to the Party leader, Chairman and MPs.
CWO aims to:
- Provide support and focus for women in the Conservative Party
- Reach out to women in all parts of the community
- Campaign on issues of particular concern to women both nationally and internationally
- Encourage women to be politically active and to get elected at all levels
- Ensure that women's perspectives are taken into account
- Help the Conservative Party capture the women's vote
Do you run Events?
If you are interested in getting your ideas heard in Parliament, you’ll love our “Tell No10” events. If you want to understand what it takes to stand for office or are ready to start your journey, then CWO Development’s superb training is for you (men love it too and are welcome to join us!).
How Do I Join?
As the Area Chair for CWO at SW Herts Conservative Association, I feel it is vital that women’s voices are heard within the political arena and to ensure that those issues which affect women are given an open and fair hearing within the party.