Job Title: Agent and Fund Raiser - South West Hertfordshire Conservative Association.
Working For: South West Hertfordshire Conservative Association.
Location: South West Hertfordshire
Salary: £27,000-£30,000 (plus a bonus if the fund-raising target is exceeded)
We are seeking to appoint an Agent and Fund Raiser for SWHCA who can help us secure our financial base and develop our local campaigns across S. W. Herts. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual who thrives on a wide-range of challenges.
Fundraising is a core component of the job. As an indication we would expect that about 40% of your time (averaged over the year) will be spent om your role as the Constituency Agent and 60% devoted to fund raising activities. You will have a target to raise £35,000 for the Association in the first year. If you exceed this target you will be entitled to 25% of the additional funds raised as a bonus.
Political and campaigning priorities can change quickly, so you should not see this a normal 9-5 role. You will be prepared to provide hands-on-sleeves-rolled up support and go over and beyond to get the job done.
Your role will be to support the Constituency officer team. Working with our local volunteers and elected representatives, you will be responsible for developing our activist networks and building our campaigning structures. You will produce local campaign literature and develop our online presence. You will have facility with VoteSource, and with leaflet design using the Campaign Toolkit.
Responsibilities will include:
As an Agent
- Develop an on-going programme of incumbency activities
- Recruit volunteers and build campaign teams
- Support an on-going voter contact programme, including phoning and door-to-door canvassing
- Organise high-profile political meetings and events
- Produce local Party literature and building a delivery network
- Maintain and expand a presence on multiple social media platforms
- Plan and implement a full “get out the vote” operation on polling day
- ensuring compliance with electoral law,
- analysing electoral rolls
- organising election campaigns
- dealing with media/press enquiries
- producing press releases and passing information to press agencies
- keeping membership records
- Prepare the election expense records at elections and submitting to the relevant authority
- advising and liaising with MPs, related agencies and parliamentary advisers
- undertaking a wide range of administrative tasks including enquiries, producing agendas, organising/attending EC meetings and AGMs and writing reports/minutes
As a Fund Raiser
- Handle local party finances
- Create a comprehensive fundraising programme including, but not limited to, preparing proposals for and organising a Patrons/Business Club.
- Organise one high profile dinner event each year for members.
- Liaise with Branches on their fund-raising activities.
Skills and capabilities:
- Well organised with a professional attitude
- Able to take ownership for fulfilling tasks and meeting deadlines
- An effective communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Solid motivational skills, able to inspire colleagues and Party volunteers
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
- IT skills, familiarity e.g. with Word, Excel, email, website management, Publisher and Mailchimp.
What we will provide
- A training programme, to ensure you are qualified as an Agent, will be provided together with an opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications.
- Benefits, which include 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and contributions into an approved pension scheme.
If you are interested in applying, please contact the Association Chairman, Ian Reay on 01442 871 798 or by email to email@example.com